I wanted to build a paint booth for the shop. I wanted it to help keep over spray down and provide at least a little ventilation. Here is what I cam up with.
I had a 4×8 sheet of hard board from another project. I measured everything out and cut it up:
In the back panel I drilled out some 2 and 3 inch holes in a 20×20 square. The same size as an air filter:
I then made a frame to hold a 20×20 AC filter. Again using scrap I had laying around:
I used Gorilla tape to hold it all together. The hard board is too thin to nail and if I needed to, I could cut the tape and lay it down.
Lastly, I added some lights and a lazy Suzann:
There is a lot of talk about steel targets. You can go on line and find enough information to boggle your mind. I decided to go with ¼ inch AR400 steel gongs. These are for my personal use, nothing more. I will post pictures after I light them up.
Here is shot of the 4×8 sheet.
I had to remember how to use my plasma cutter. It was not pretty, but I got it done:
With my Army back, I found it very hard to work on the floor so broke down the plate into smaller lighter sections. With help we put it up on some saw horses to make it easier to cut.
I also discovered these little gems from Swag Off Road. I put the screw and washer in one of the unused holes to create an adjustable stand off. I just adjust for the locations and tighten down the 2 nuts to keep my cutting tip off the steel.
And the bottom. Ignore the scoring:
Greatly improved my cuts:
Here is a shot of the targets for this run:
1 – 20 inch
1 – 12 inch
5 – 8 inch
4 – 6 inch
Drilled 2 holes in each, painted and setup: