Got a bit more work done. Put a Red Oak trim around the top and sanded it down:
Few coats of Poly and sand paper:
Next cut up the drawer faces, Polly and sanded like the top. And mounted them up:
You can see in the above picture I got the bottom cabinet slide out drawer bottoms cut. I also have the sides cut but dont have them pictured. Hope to get those made and installed this week.
Started on the cabinet lowers. There are 6 sets for a total length of of about 20 feet of counter top. The basic idea for the cabinets came From Norm and the New Yankee workshop, garage workshop series.
Here is a shot of one of the lowers going together:
Here are all the base cabinets lined up, leveled, and mounted to the wall:
2×4 with lap joints for the counter top:
Here is the counter top plywood screwed on:
Here is a shot of what we have right now:
Got everything moved in and starting to put it all together. The first thing to go back together is the Table saw. There was a little bit of rust on the saw and router table.
WD-40, steel wool, and a little elbow grease got most of it out. I am going to use metal polish and my normal maintenance to get it finished out:
Next I attached the shop made DIY – Biesemeyer fence rails and side table
Next up was the OutFeed Table. Pretty much the same as I did HERE. Couple shots of the new one:
I will put the bottom shelf and the miter slots in and call it done.