Started clearing the property and we have some logs smaller logs I want to try to mill up myself.
Started by cutting a ¾” sheet of plywood to 24” x 36” and adding in 2, 18” T-Tracks
Measured the distance from the blade side of the miter slot to the blade and used that distance to screwed on the miter bar. Sanded it down and good coat of wax.
Cut 2 13”x36” pieces and put 3/4” rabbits on the ends and back and a 3/4” dado directly in the center:
On one I cut 2 1/4” slots in:
Cut 3 support pieces, put a curve on them and glued them in place. Also drilled holes for the T-Track bolts and knobs.
Setup my rollers and mounted everything up:
Used the slots to secure the log with screws and went for it:
Think it worked out pretty good:
We were given non-working electric hot water heater. I think it is 40 gallon, it is shorter than a standard type I have seen in the past.
I started taking it apart by removing everything from the front panels and making a couple cuts with my 4 inch angle grinder. One down the side seam and 1/3’d it on the top and bottom. Very thin sheet metal, cuts were quick and easy:
The bottom had 1 inch thick Styrofoam glued to it and the rest was spray foam.
Took me about 45 minutes to get it all off:
Going to recycle the rest:
Not sure what I am going to do with the tank yet. Looking like either a Driveway roller for the Tractor or a smoker…
The previous owner was kind enough to leave us some 2x6x12’s de-nailed, clean and stacked keeping them straight. Decided to use some of them for a shelf next to one of our sheds.
Started by making the shelf. The shed happens to be as long as the boards. Cut 5 18 inch pieces and nailed 3 boards to them:
Then made the legs. Made it in sections so the wife and I could move it into its location.
Leveled it out, added the shelf and a few boards on the bottom: