Drill Press Part 1

Getting the drill press set up. It is a ShopSmith 10E and looking at the serial number spreadsheet maintained by the Shop Smith mail group it was built in 1949. Still works great!
It got a little scuffed up during the move so I decided to break it down and give it a rebuild/refresh. The first thing I did was to clean up the way tubes. I used my other Shop Smith 10E as a lathe, hooked up the tubes using an expandable rubber stopper and a home made wheel rest. Turned is on slow and started with150 grit sandpaper to remove the rust and polish them up.
Then cleaned and painted up the base and other parts:
Then hung it up:
Took the headstock and motor apart for painting and cleanup:
and
Got the motor put back together:
 Hope to get more done soon!
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather